Friday, 25 April 2014

Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge

At the moment I am into scrap challenges. I just love them. I like all sorts of challenges. It's not enough for me to just do scrapping for me. I like to be challenged. To think outside the box and have to meet certain criteria or add certain elements.

So I have been on the hunt for some new challenge sites. One I recently came across is Another Freaking Scrappy Challange blog. The name is sure to get your attention isn't it. They have two challenges on this month, so I have decided to enter both. The first one is a  prompt challenge "Scrap or art journal about a favourite pastime from your youth. Was it a sport, fishing, cycling, reading, or teasing your older brother? Use a photo of when you were young, a photo of the pastime, or whatever is appropriate!!! "

This is what I came up with.

Enchanted Creations

Enchanted Creations

Enchanted Creations

Enchanted Creations


Ok so now you have stopped laughing at the outrageous fashion and hairstyle, let me tell you a little about what is on this layout.

Back in the 1980's my family and I were big into fishing. We were members of the Campbelltown Sportsfishing Club and the National Sportsfishing Association. So yeah we liked fishing !!!  Every holidays we used to travel to a lovely place on the north coast of NSW called Dunbogan. And yes it was basically a fishing holiday. I used to have a favourite spot on the rocks of the breakwall were I used to catch the most amazing Flathead fish. I even got a few that were big enough to get me the ladies national record for the largest of that species. Yeah, like I said, we were big into fishing !!

Not only did I have fun scrapping this old photo, but I also had a few fun hours reminiscing as I looked through hundreds of photos to find the one I wanted to use.

I hope you join in this challenge to, it certainly was fun.

Thanks for popping by today.
Cheers,
Narelle

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on the challenge. The blue colour scheme looks so pretty. Thank you for joining in at AFSC
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Narelle - LOVE this take on our challenge!!! Thanks so much for joining in at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge - I hope we see you here regularly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny when we look back at ourselves. Especially the fashions, hairstyles, and our hobbies. One day someone is going to look at our blogs and think how ancient we were then!!!!!

    ReplyDelete